From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of bnpmodeler
Sent: Monday, April 06, 2009 12:27 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Lackawanna 50 ft. boxcar questions

Mike -

Thanks so much! This proves my first great hope, that these did indeed have Morton RB's; Having
the round hole
'texture' will make these even more visually arresting! Also, thanks for the confirmation of truck
style...

Jim Harr

--- In STMFC@... <mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.com> , MDelvec952 <MDelvec952@> wrote:

In a message dated 04/05/09 19:21:23 Eastern Daylight Time, bnchmark@ writes:
My DL&W diagram book is only good until 5/1/52, and these cars were built in September, 1956, so
I don't have a
DL&W diagram sheet for them. Can any of you confirm the type of running board, brake step and
brake wheel these
cars had? The E-L diagram sheet (#7-7) indicates an Ajax brake wheel, but no running board option;
I assume the Ajax
brake wheel was original equipment.
-------------------

The DL&W general arrangement drawings for this batch call for Morton running boards and brake
steps, Ajax hand
brake, A-3 Ride Control trucks and welded sides.

I missed that Branchline was offering these, so I'm looking forward to seeing one, though
they're too new for my
goals, post steam-era.

Hope this helps ....Mike Del Vecchio

Database version: 6.12110