From: <rfederle@cox.net>
To: <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Cc: "Tim O'Connor" <timboconnor@comcast.net>
Sent: Monday, April 06, 2009 4:02 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: What's in the hole?

I could be wrong but when you dump the air the brakes set, not release. I believe air pressure is applied to release. If the air is dumped then brakes apply.

I stand to be corrected though.

Robert Federle
---- Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@comcast.net> wrote:

Brake release rod -- when the brakeman wants to dump the
air from the reservoir to release the brakes. All freight
cars have them but they're rarely modeled.

Tim O'Connor

At 4/6/2009 10:10 AM Monday, you wrote:
I took some photos last year of a GSC flat car. I even took a photo of the oval access hole in the one side. There's something back there. I'd like to know what it is.
Thanks,
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa