Re: Enterprise hopper door hardware

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Bill Baker wrote:
And, to respond to Mr. Thompson's most reasonable assumption that I model T&NO, well, er . . . ah . . . no, Portland Division management considers these triple hoppers to be leased from the Texas lines for the duration of the track rehabilitation program and thereafter as refugees . . . !
You may, of course, operate as you wish. But with SP buying large numbers of new ballast hoppers in the 1950s, I would have to say that your usage would be MOST unusual. I will confess that I love the look of offset hopper cars (not only the T&NO ones), and wish I could have some myself, but cannot see any reasonable basis for doing so. I own a couple of them (D&RGW), and occasionally include them in through trains.

Publishers of books on railroad history