From: "Anthony Thompson" <thompson@signaturepress.com>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 7, 2009 5:17:59 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Enterprise hopper door hardware

Bill Baker wrote:
And, to respond to Mr. Thompson's most reasonable assumption that I
model T&NO, well, er . . . ah . . . no, Portland Division management
considers these triple hoppers to be leased from the Texas lines for
the duration of the track rehabilitation program and thereafter as
refugees . . . !
       You may, of course, operate as you wish. But with SP buying
large numbers of new ballast hoppers in the 1950s, I would have to say
that your usage would be MOST unusual. I will confess that I love the
look of offset hopper cars (not only the T&NO ones), and wish I could
have some myself, but cannot see any reasonable basis for doing so. I
own a couple of them (D&RGW), and occasionally include them in through
trains.

Tony Thompson             Editor, Signature Press, Berkeley, CA
2906 Forest Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705         www.signaturepress.com
Publishers of books on railroad history