Re: IMRC 70-ton trucks, was Erie Flats 8000+

leakinmywaders

Andy:

Hi, thanks for this reply. There's another InterMountain item you might be able to help me with. I've been looking for a source for their 7ft wide Improved Youngstown 5/6/6 door (for 10ft 6in IH boxcars). I think they still include this one in the PS-1 kits with 7ft doors, and it used to be separately available in their 40600-52 package of 8ft+7ft doors for the 50ft PS-1, but is no longer on the parts list. John Gilles has pointed out these 7ft InterMountain doors are the closest to ideal for the NP double sliding door 50ft boxcars, which had symmetrical matched doors of right around 7ft 8 in width. I think if you do or could stock these, I could mention it in the NPRHA Modeling Column and drum up some interest among NP buyers. I'd get a bunch.

Also if you have Tahoe's new double truss cast steel sideframe truck and his 30-ton Barber-Bettendorf Swing Motion caboose truck in stock, please let me know prices, as I would like to order a few sets. I would order these either with skinny wheels or without wheelsets. When I get word back, I'll put together an order list, get your postage estimate, and send you a check.

Thanks and best,

Chris Frissell
Polson, MT
cell 406-471-3167

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Andy Carlson <midcentury@...> wrote:

Frank Angsted from Intermountain ordered these trucks for me directly from China. IM will eventually package some and offer them for sale, but in the meantime, these trucks are available from me at $1.75/pair less wheelsets. Shipping charges will apply. I can be contacted at<midcentury@...>, please off-list. Thanks,
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA