Re: SAL 27000-27499 50 boxcars

bnpmodeler

Brian;

While I am far from a Seaboard expert, I have the Morning Sun color guide, which has several photos of the cars you speak of (number series 27000 - 27499, that is). While not super clear, the cars in the photos do appear to have Apex running boards and Barber S-2 trucks. The trucks are easier to identify, but the running boards are less so, as I see no distinctive shadow.

Also very visible on car number 27311 is a Universal handbrake, if that helps.

Jim Harr
Stella Scale Models
www.stellascalemodels.com

--- In STMFC@..., "Brian J Carlson" <brian@...> wrote:

I built one of the Branchline 50 ft Seaboard welded side boxcars some time
ago. In looking at the car this evening it bothers me that the Plano roof
walk is popping off (this was before Dr Denny enlightened me to Barge
Cement). While it is on the bench to be fixed, I also noticed I used code
110 wheels on the car along with the Barber S-2a trucks from Branchline.
While I have the roofwalk off I wanted to confirm the Apex Tri-lok pattern
is correct, and if the trucks should be Barber S-2a's. Thanks.
Brian J Carlson P.E.
Cheektowaga NY