From: Doug Dolloff <doug_irc@...>
Subject: Re: [STMFC] ATSF 1958 cft covered hopper
To: STMFC@...
Date: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 9:59 AM
We are tooling a new roof with the
seam caps. It should be available in a month or two.

Best regards,
Doug Dolloff
InterMountain

--- On Mon, 4/20/09, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...>

From: Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...>
To: STMFC@...
Date: Monday, April 20, 2009, 10:31 PM

I'm no ATSF expert, but the -52, -67, -71 were built by
General American. The -75 was built by ATSF. (From kits?)
The -65 was built by ACF. RMJ 8/1991 has photos of one.

The Ga-71 roof had seam caps, so that is a noticeable
difference from any kits (Kato/Bowser/ Intermountain) . I
think Sunshine produced a minikit with a replacement
roof to model this car.

Tim O'Connor

At 4/20/2009 05:57 PM Monday, you wrote:
A few questions for the ATSF freight car experts:
I would like to upgrade my covered hopper models. Are
the InterMountain 1958 cft covered hopper kits correct for
any of the following ATSF classes: Ga-52/65/67/ 71/75? Did
all of these classes have closed sides or were there any
with open sides? What needs to be modified on the
InterMountain kits to match the prototypes. Any help would
be greatly appreciated.
Peter Aue

    mailto:STMFC-fullfeatured@...