Re: Bill Schneider to Rapido Trains

Bill Schneider

O.K. Guys, I've been silent until now, but (with Jason's indulgence I hope), I just want to set a few things straight..

First - I do not, did not, nor ever will, own Branchline Trains. I guess that in some ways I was the public face of Branchline through my participation on these lists, but Branchline is a family owned business that will no doubt continue on after my tenure there.

Second, Jason and his crew at Rapido are a very professional and dedicated bunch that I am proud to now be involved with. They have the dedication, desire and ability to do top notch products in whatever variety - freight or passenger - and scale that they choose to pursue.

Third, we now have 351 product suggestions - enough to keep us busy for the next 85+ years (OK, I exaggerate - I stopped counting at 75 on Sunday night). There have been many good ones, some unusual ones, and some... well....... other ones. There will no doubt be a few of you very happy, several not so happy, and a few downright irate at the choices that we will make. I can only hope that, whatever side of that equation that you fall on, you give Rapido a fair shot.

Finally, I want to thank many of you for your off-list notes of support to both Jason and myself as we move forward.

Now......where did I put those O&W steam generator painting diagrams.... ;>)

Bill Schneider

In reading the posts regarding Bill going over to Rapido, the question that I have (unless I missed something) is:

What has or will become of Branchline? Has it closed? With Bill joining Rapido, is Branchline being bought by them or will it continue with someone else running it?

Tom Olsen
7 Boundary Road, West Branch
Newark, Delaware, 19711-7479
(302) 738-4292