Propst Humor, was Re: Do you like The Keystone Modeler (TKM)?

golden1014

Gentlemen,

Yesterday, in the attached message, I wrote "...you don't have to be a genious to write for one of the three e-zines...".

It takes a real genious to mis-spell the word genius.

This kind of humor works for Clark because he executes it perfectly. Unfortunately, it appears I am still his student.

John

John Golden
Bloomington, IN

--- In STMFC@..., "John Golden" <golden1014@...> wrote:

Elden, All,

At the SCL Modeler e-zine, I have nothing in-hand for the next issue. I have about five articles promised, plus two I'm working on personally. I'm in the same boat as TKM. The only thing that saves me is that we publishe quarterly.

The thing I try to get across to everyone is that you don't have to be a genious to write for one of the three e-zines (TKM, B&OM, and SCLM). All three of these magazines have guys that will help you write, edit, and do what it takes to get your articles printed. Give us a freight car model and a page of good text, and we'll help hunt down prototype info, photos and make a great four-page spread with your name on it.

I just completed an SCL Modeler survey and many of the guys that responded said they wanted more STMFC content. So, how about it, guys--how about writing up some one or two page STMFC articles for your favorite e-zine?

John

John Golden
Bloomington, IN

--- In STMFC@..., "Gatwood, Elden J SAD " <elden.j.gatwood@> wrote:

Folks;

I know you are hearing this a lot lately, but I have to make a plea...

If you enjoy reading The Keystone Modeler, please, PLEASE, consider making a
contribution for publication.

We are currently down to a very small staff, all unpaid, and the vast
majority employed in demanding jobs, and we just cannot support, alone, the
demands (a.k.a., the "black hole") of a monthly magazine/e-zine, without
considerable help.

Without your help, we will be forced to consider some drastic measures, which
our readership will not like.

We welcome articles about any PRR subjects with an endpoint on modeling or
model operations; steam, freight, passenger, diesels, MW, structures, ROW,
ops, etc.

I hope you will consider helping ALL of us who enjoy reading, and seeing,
what others have accomplished.

We look forward to hearing from you,

Elden Gatwood
Chair, PRRT&HS Modeling Committee