B&O M-15k, M-15L & M-53 Wagontop Boxcars

anthony wagner

Can anyone help with identifying the differences between the designs of these cars? I'm in the process of correcting a botched modeling job on a pair of West Shore models of the M-53. The way that these cars were put together indicates that the guy didn't know about Duryea underframes, but by undoing much of what he had done I was able to make one of them into a passable M-53. I'd like to make the other into an M-15 with Youngstown doors, but lack info on the differences between them and their later clones. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Tony Wagner