From: "lnbill" <bwelch@...>
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 10:32:15 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [STMFC] Re: FGEX /WFEX/BREX cars

I have photos of various FGE/WFE/WFE/NX cars stenciled "Two Stage Icing" while some are stenciled "Three Stage Icing."

I hope to post to the list today a message responding to the initial question about steel cars owned by "Our Companies" as well as a couple of tables that will hopefully clarify what is a complex fleet.

I cannot seem to find either a paper or electronic copy of the handout I used at Cocoa Brach and Naperville but if someone would like to create a PDF from thier copy and post it on our list, they have my permission. I would caution that it is not completely up to date, but will work for guiding modelers. I would like to preserve whatever copyright restrictions I have can preserve.

Bill Welch

--- In STMFC@..., "Kurt Laughlin" <fleeta@...> wrote:

Despite Tony's error regarding the reporting marks, he is correct about the
cars having "half-stage icing" while you are also correct about the
stenciling.  ORER Note A on these cars says: "Cars in this series are
equipped with ice grates adjustable for stage icing.  When in position
capacity of ice bunkers is one-half full capacity . . ."  Apparently "Our
Companies" did not use the term "half-stage icing" but others - based upon
their ORER note wording - did.  Ex. MDT, ART, NRL, NACC, PFE, URTL, and
ATSF.  NCC had cars with two partial capacities in addition to full.

KL