NYC 4 bay hopper lives too

Mike Brock <brockm@...>

Not meaning to start a lengthy thread...particulaly since the info is in 2009...but I will note that at about 6:30 PM today while watching an FEC frt train roll by at a grade crossing, I was startled to see a 4 bay NYC lettered open hopper roll by. The car had Conrail lettering on the side near the end in relatively small lettering. Does it surprise anyone that this car is still soldiering on at this stage in its life? Should I venture to that crossing at 6:30 tomorrow in hopes of seeing an H3a N&W hopper...or a PFE R-40-23?

Mike Brock