Re: NYC 4 bay hopper lives too

mcindoefalls

--- In STMFC@..., "Mike Brock" <brockm@...> wrote:

Not meaning to start a lengthy thread...particulaly since the info is > in
2009...but I will note that at about 6:30 PM today while watching an FEC frt
train roll by at a grade crossing, I was startled to see a 4 bay NYC
lettered open hopper roll by. The car had Conrail lettering on the side near
the end in relatively small lettering. Does it surprise anyone that this car
is still soldiering on at this stage in its life?
When Conrail was split up, CSX used the NYC reporting marks to identify its ex-CR cars. I doubt that many were actually ex-NYC.

Walt Lankenau