Re: GATX Dry-Flo tank/covered hopper car

StephenK

I looked at that RMC article for years. the kitbash described used two Eastern Car Works Airslide flat kits. I finally built it, but only because Eastern Car Works came out with a kit. The kit has two sets of Airslide sides and newly tooled roof and floor. You have to cut up the sides and reassemble, but the job is easy and the results are good.

SKay

--- In STMFC@..., "Kurt Laughlin" <fleeta@...> wrote:

Gene, are you only interested in the 1932 vintage car? GATC had "Dry-Flo" cars pictured in the 1961 CBC: UP 19249 and GACX 50000. I know of an RMC article as well for these later cars.

KL

--- In STMFC@..., "Gene Green" <bierglaeser@> wrote:

Can anyone suggest a source of a photo of any GATX Dry-Flo car?