Re: Stainless wire for STMFC safety appliances...

jerryglow2

I prefer phosphor brass wire as from Tichy/CMA (and probably others). Its readily available and more workable IMHO.

Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@..., "Steve Lucas" <stevelucas3@...> wrote:

Staring at me in the pile of car kits to build is a Rail Shops' carbon black covered hopper. .009" stainless steel wire is supplied in the kit for grabirons and brake rigging.

Has anyone here any comments on the use of this wire on STMFC models? It seems tougher than the usual brass wire that we use, and in .009" diameter, is very near scale size for HO grab irons and brake rigging.

Steve Lucas.