Re: Stainless wire for STMFC safety appliances...

Armand Premo

HMMN,Not for me.I have had my fill with Walther's grab irons.I'll take brass anytime......................To each his own I quess.Armand Premo

----- Original Message -----
From: al_brown03
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2009 4:10 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Stainless wire for STMFC safety appliances...

I like old-fashioned music wire for vertical brake staffs, because of its rigidity. It's so hard, though, that it chews up clippers; so I keep a special pair around for that use only. For applications where the wire isn't quite so exposed on the finished STMFC, I prefer brass or phosphor bronze.

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.