Re: RC PFE R-30-12-9

Armand Premo

Thanks Tim.Quess I am out of my neighborhood again.Armand Premo

----- Original Message -----
From: Tim O'Connor
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 10:14 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] RC PFE R-30-12-9

Armand

The first model Red Caboose did was neither an R-30-12 or
an R-30-9 (i.e. R-30-12-9) -- it was the height of an R-30-12
but had some R-30-9 features. RC quickly redid the car with the
correct height and door etc, and this was the R-30-9 (-12-9)
and in addition later did the lower height R-30-12 body. As Tony
notes the prototype cars received various modifications and
changes in their service lives and the classes co-existed for
a long time as well. Many cars were rebuilt without the hatch
platforms and received modern ice hatches too -- so it's best
to have a good book on this subject! (i.e. the PFE book)

A quick Google Desktop search shows me most of the emails on
this subject happened before STMFC, back in the "freightcars"
mailing list era, at the dawn of time...

Tim O'Connor