Lehigh Gas tank cars - Norwich Connecticut

Marty McGuirk

As luck would have it one of the towns on my Central Vermont layout is Norwich, Connecticut - known for many things but among Steam Era freight car fans and modelers it's most likely best known as the location of a Lehigh Gas facility - see

http://www.steamfreightcars.com/gallery/tank/acf/lgx500main.html

While I'm interested modeling the cars I'm also trying to track down some information on the facility itself, and I'm curious if any portion of the facility in Norwich shows up in the background (or anywhere) in pictures of the tank cars themselves.

Oh, and I welcome any suggestions on the best way to model these particular cars.

Thanks,

Marty