Re: RC PFE R-30-12-9

Mike Brock <brockm@...>

Garth Groff writes:

Even if the body was right, the RC model's underframe isn't right for
the WP/PFE cars. Most, if not all (there is some doubt about this, see
Tony's book), used the later R-30-13 underframe. IIRC, this was called a
30-ton "built-up" underframe. You can use Tichy's 40-ton underframe
parts to come close.
Yes, the PFE book suggests that about 200 WP cars out of 2775 might have the "12" design. Using the Tichy underframe is a good solution given the fact that I went the other way prior to Red Caboose cars, making Bettendorf underframes by modifying the Tichy underframe.
That was before my first visit to Sunnybrook Rest Home.

Mike Brock