TT scale freight car list 1950s - help

Brian Chapman <cornbeltroute@...>

Recently I've transitioned to TT scale (1:120). TT is known by its practitioners as a builder's scale; it is from necessity.

I'm hopeful a member or two here will help me compile a basic list of common freight cars in wide interchange service in the 1950s. Rolling stock that was common in the mid-1950s but was still seeing plenty of service in the 1960s, too.

Flat
Gon
Tank
Box
Hopper
Covered hopper
Other

TT is largely a British and European scale, few North American prototypes exist. Anyone willing to give us a hand? We've got lots of drawings and CLCs to consult. But, we could use some direction.

Thanks much,

Brian

Brian Chapman
Evansdale, Iowa