Re: erroneous captions/RTR vs. kits

Garth G. Groff <ggg9y@...>

Kurt,

If you are a tank modeler, are you familiar with the U.S. ARMY ORDNANCE MUSEUM, MUSEUM GUIDE & REFERENCE CD? This thing has photos of tanks and other heavy metal stuff preserved at Aberdeen, including some German, Italian and Japanese WWII pieces. These are the real deal, not models.

If interested, I can send you the order address.

I am not a tankist, and don't know much about the images on the disk (I'm into medieval bows and swords). My sweetie, who works for the Army, bought this disk as a gift when she went there for a seminar.

Kind regards,

Garth G. Groff

Kurt Laughlin wrote:

. . . The Internet has helped greatly - fantastically - with research. I remember waiting for the twice monthly armor magazine to arrive and writing letters - and waiting. In contrast, yesterday afternoon I got wind of a heretofore "unknown" tank in upstate NY. Last night I emailed a guy - from a website forum - and asked he would be interested in stopping by to take some pics. Today I got an answer that he's going that way (to a hobby shop!) later this week and will take pix and email them. Previously that would eat up about three months span, I recon.

KL