Re: erroneous captions/RTR vs. kits

Tim O'Connor

it's important to note that most RPM meets have no contests.
Martin Lofton offers some awards at Naperville but they are
informal.

At 5/27/2009 01:15 PM Wednesday, you wrote:
I'm not sticking up entirely for the NMRA and their contests but you have to realize there is a certain formality in them which includes paperwork. The system was designed so a non knowledgeable judge could make judgement on what the modeler said he did. BTW each judge only judges one catagory, not the whole model. I never enrolled in many things in life without some formalities including paperwork. If that is too hard to grasp, it's probably best to avoid the contests and all in life that require proper paperwork.

Jerry Glow