Old Wine Tank Car was: Re UTLX type V tanks

Rod Miller

A faint recollection from a visit to the Bully Hill
Winery (www.bullyhill.com) was of a frameless tank
car setting alongside the road. [Bully Hill was
created as a protest against "tank car wine from
California" - you find out lots through the above
link or google]. Oh, Bully Hill is near Hammondsport
on Keuka Lake, one of the New York finger lakes.

I was successful in locating a photo of the car:

http://www.pbase.com/steveyaphotos/image/66949785

Unfortunately no frame details are available. The
car looks interesting and unlike and other wine
tank car I've seen. Perhaps parts (domes) are missing
if the car was purchased from the scrap line. If I'm
back there this summer I'll get better photos of the
car at least to satisfy my curiousity (and post them
of course!)

BTW, the angle of the photo is misleading. IIRC the
car is sitting level on a hillside.

Rod

lrkdbn wrote:
--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Burgess" <jack@...> wrote:
I'm not sure about one in Wisconsin but the Transportation Museum in St.
Louis has one:

http://transportmuseumassociation.org/freightcars.html

Jack Burgess
www.yosemitevalleyrr.com
Jack, the type V in St Louis is one of the 6K cars. The point
was trying to make is that there were larger ones.
Larry King