From: gsb157 <sgaab@...>
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 4:12 pm
Subject: [STMFC] Re: LNE Rebuilt ARA cars

Brian,

While by no means claiming to be an expert on the LNE X29, I had done some research on the paint schemes the LNE gave this series and the associated details. Most of this info came from this groups Mr. Hendrickson and Eric Neubauers guide on LNE freight cars along with what published photos I had access to. I've identified six different schemes used on these cars. If you would like, I can forward you my small bit of info. It is in a MS word doc. Based on my info, an somewhat educated guess of maybe between 15-20% of the cars received the billboard lettering you refer to.

Regards,
Greg Bartek

--- In STMFC@..., "Brian Carlson" <brian@...> wrote:

I'm building one of the Speedwitch cars for a rebuilt LNE boxcar. The
instructions say some of the cars were repainted in the late 1950's block
lettering. Not being to knowledgeable about the LNE are there any LNE
experts out there that can say with any degree of certainty how much of the
fleet got repainted in the LNE block lettering scheme. ted supplies decals
to model either scheme, but I am wondering which one was more typical.

Brian J. Carlson, P.E.
Cheektowaga NY