Re: On-line article: IC “Mainline of Mid-America” 2-bay offset hoppers

Armand Premo

Steve,On the area of the railroad that I model,there were more CN box cars than that of the Pennsy, second only to the NYC.The Pennsy also came in second to the B&O with hoppers.Like other enterprises,location ,location ,location as the key to car selection................................IMHO.Armand Premo

----- Original Message -----
From: Steve Lucas
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, June 05, 2009 1:46 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: On-line article: IC “Mainline of Mid-America” 2-bay offset hoppers

Most Canadian modellers are, as I assume that many American modellers are as well, satisfied with the commercial RTR offerings. But there are a few of us that desire to model the prototype more accurately. Stephen Parachuk is involved with the Toronto branch of RPM, for example.

And any serious Canadian STMFC modeller needs to understand the US fleet and model it with the same degree of fidelity. American STMFC's came into Canada hauling everything from loco and furnace coal to automobile frames. 80% of Canada's population is within 100 miles of the US border.

Steve Lucas.