Re: On-line article: IC “Mainline of Mid-America” 2-bay offset hoppers

Armand Premo

Steve,On the area of the railroad that I model,there were more CN box cars than that of the Pennsy, second only to the NYC.The Pennsy also came in second to the B&O with hoppers.Like other enterprises,location ,location ,location as the key to car selection................................IMHO.Armand Premo

----- Original Message -----
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, June 05, 2009 1:46 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: On-line article: IC “Mainline of Mid-America” 2-bay offset hoppers

Most Canadian modellers are, as I assume that many American modellers are as well, satisfied with the commercial RTR offerings. But there are a few of us that desire to model the prototype more accurately. Stephen Parachuk is involved with the Toronto branch of RPM, for example.

And any serious Canadian STMFC modeller needs to understand the US fleet and model it with the same degree of fidelity. American STMFC's came into Canada hauling everything from loco and furnace coal to automobile frames. 80% of Canada's population is within 100 miles of the US border.

Steve Lucas.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "gn3397" <heninger@...> wrote:
>
> --- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "thbguy" <livingston@> wrote:
>
> > I have finally completed my N-scale Illinois Central "Mainline of Mid-America" hopper decal set and GHQ has agreed to post my article and sell the decals. This set decorates six, distinct IC hopper cars with high-resolution white decals that I printed using an ALPS printer. I had been planning to release these for over three years, but didn't really have a good venue to get them out to the public.
> >
> > It would also be helpful to get an idea of whether or not these decals would be a hit in HO-scale.
> >
>
> The cars look very nice, and I for one think the decals would be well received in HO scale. The article is well done. What is it about Canadian modelers? Is everyone up north a prototype modeler? <G>. GHQ does nice work, I remember a friend of mine had some of their 1/285 tanks. Phenomenal detail!
>
> Sincerely,
> Bob Heninger
> Iowa City, IA
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.5.339 / Virus Database: 270.12.53/2155 - Release Date: 06/04/09 17:55:00

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.