From: Brian Chapman
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Saturday, June 06, 2009 2:41 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Freight car trucks - bibliograph?

> The chapter on trucks in Bob Karig's book on Coal Cars, published by the University of Chicago Press, is an indispensable guide to the development of truck technology. <

Richard,

A search of three major used book databases failed to discover a copy of this book for sale. However, I did discover new copies of two Karig books for sale via the U. of Chicago publications Web site. There, I found that the chapter on freight car trucks in the "Coal Cars" book runs to 48 pages.

My goal is to draw a number of transition-era trucks in 3D. May I ask you if Karig's book provides drawings, straight-on photos or other information about trucks I would find useful to achieve my goal?

Thanks much,

Brian

Brian Chapman
Evansdale, Iowa

----------------------

Martin Robert Karig III
Coal Cars
The First Three Hundred Years
400 pages, 608 halftones 8-1/2 x 11
Cloth $75.00

Martin Robert Karig III
Hard Coal and Coal Cars
Hauling Anthracite on the New York, Ontario & Western Railway
220 pages, 200 halftones 8-1/2 x 11 © 2006
Cloth $55.00