Re: Freight car trucks - bibliograph?

James F. Brewer <jfbrewer@...>

Brian,

The NWHS has numerous drawings of various trucks in its archive collection. N&W assigned a class to each truck; however, most of the truck drawings are traced from the original vendor drawings.

You can check out what is in the database at www.nwhs.org and click on search the archives. Copies of the drawings are available for purchase.

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD

----- Original Message -----
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Saturday, June 06, 2009 2:41 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Freight car trucks - bibliograph?

> The chapter on trucks in Bob Karig's book on Coal Cars, published by the University of Chicago Press, is an indispensable guide to the development of truck technology. <

Richard,

A search of three major used book databases failed to discover a copy of this book for sale. However, I did discover new copies of two Karig books for sale via the U. of Chicago publications Web site. There, I found that the chapter on freight car trucks in the "Coal Cars" book runs to 48 pages.

My goal is to draw a number of transition-era trucks in 3D. May I ask you if Karig's book provides drawings, straight-on photos or other information about trucks I would find useful to achieve my goal?

Thanks much,

Brian

Brian Chapman
Evansdale, Iowa

----------------------

Martin Robert Karig III
Coal Cars
The First Three Hundred Years
400 pages, 608 halftones 8-1/2 x 11
Cloth $75.00

Martin Robert Karig III
Hard Coal and Coal Cars
Hauling Anthracite on the New York, Ontario & Western Railway
220 pages, 200 halftones 8-1/2 x 11 © 2006
Cloth $55.00

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.