Re: Rolling stock as scenery

mcindoefalls

--- In STMFC@..., Jim Betz <jimbetz@...> wrote:

I -often- try to get layout op sessions/owners to understand that when
a local goes to a town that they shouldn't "pick up every car and drop
a car at every industry". . . .

My comments, for the most part, fall on deaf ears.

I even go so far as to provide operating instructions such as
"leaves ____ town with 4 to 6 cars, goes to town ____ (a different
town) and picks up at most 1/4th of the cars in town".
Sounds like you need to adopt some sort of waybill system, which would tell your crews exactly what to pick up and what to drop off at every station. I'm sure there's a Yahoo list devoted to such operational niceties.

Walt Lankenau