Re: Rolling stock as scenery

bill_d_goat

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Jim Betz <jimbetz@...> wrote:

Hi,

I -often- try to get layout op sessions/owners to understand that when
a local goes to a town that they shouldn't "pick up every car and drop
a car at every industry". I.e. - that at most 1/4th to 1/3rd of the cars
should be worked during the visit to the town of any one train.

My comments, for the most part, fall on deaf ears.

I even go so far as to provide operating instructions such as
"leaves ____ town with 4 to 6 cars, goes to town ____ (a different
town) and picks up at most 1/4th of the cars in town". And find
that at most 1 out of 10 operators will follow those instructions.
We are "programmed" to work every car in every siding at every
industry in town.
*** SIGH *** ... Jim (preaching to the choir here)
Wouldn't car card & waybill, or computer printout solve this problem?
Bill Williams