From: John Stokes <ggstokes@...>
To: stmfc@...
Sent: Monday, June 8, 2009 11:46:55 AM
Subject: RE: [STMFC] Re: Surplus wheel sets

Fred, not what you asked the first time, hence the comments about pointy axles. With this new information should be a piece of cake and the gentleman will have his wheel sets. The reference to Tichy should be a good bet for accurate looking wheels for this project.

For Dennis, check out some pictures or drawings of real axles, the ends ride in bearings that that fit around the end of the axle just as with an automobile, and the bearing surface is parallel. Like a stick in a doughnut. Pointed ends would not sustain the weight of the car. They are cheaper to make for models and do the job reasonably well given the light weight involved.

John Stokes
Bellevue, WA

To: STMFC@yahoogroups. com
From: prrinvt@yahoo. com
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 07:35:45 -0700

Guyz,

The gentleman asked for the wheels sets to remove the wheels and toss the axles

He is finishing a project and needed a few dozen more individual wheels.

Fred Freitas