Re: Question regarding the F&C PS-0 Boxcar Kit

Richard Hendrickson

On Jun 8, 2009, at 5:01 PM, Darrall Swift wrote:

Greetings All,

I recently built a F&C 1938 PS-0 Boxcar and intend to paint and
letter it for the Nickel Plate. But I cannot find any reference
photos online to use as a guide. I would like to paint the car as
it would have appeared in the late 1950's, but would like to know
if these cars remained boxcar red throughout their careers? Or at
some point...Did they receive black ends? Does anyone have a
recomendation for a specific boxcar red to use for the Nickel Plate?

I have a photo of one taken in October, 1956 and will send you a scan
off-list. At that time the ends (and presumably the roof as well)
were black. I'll let someone who models the NKP suggest a suitable
mineral red color for the sides.

Richard Hendrickson