Re: The usual question, which are legit?

Tim O'Connor

Schuyler

UTLX owned some of these, e.g. UTLX 39150. I think all of
the others are foobies. The UTLX tank car had an extra pair
of raised weld seams on either side of the dome, they almost
look like bands. And the placards of course were UTLX style.
Otherwise it's a near perfect match. I can't vouch for the
car numbers IRC is offering. Also make sure the lettering
is yellow if it's UTLX -- some models have featured white
UTLX lettering, which AFAIK is bogus.

There were very few owners of these cars. The US Army was
the largest owner.

Tim O'Connor

At 6/9/2009 12:54 AM Tuesday, you wrote:
http://www.ircmodelersclub.com/images/flyer221w.jpg

SGL
La vita e breve, mangiate prima il dolce!