Re: FYI: Choices. Caveat Emptor

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Greg Martin wrote:
Tim is correct if I recall California is one state that requires that a retailer collect taxes on items shipped into California (taking possession of product)?but of course you have to report it to them as well.?Some retailers ignore it and some do not.
If Greg is right, there are an awful lot of retailers, phone, mail and internet, who ignore the rule. And speaking as a publisher who ships all over the country, I have never heard from ANY state which wants us to collect taxes for THEM.

Publishers of books on railroad history