Re: Media Blast Cabinets

Raymond Young


IIRC, the filter element is a standard folded paper element available from lawn mower suppliers.  Google Media Blast Gloves
to find suppliers of replacement gloves.

Virgil Young
Amarillo, TX

From: Tim O'Connor <>
Sent: Sunday, June 14, 2009 3:23:26 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Media Blast Cabinets

Not exactly freight cars... but I noticed the other day that
both of the gloves in my North Coast booth are torn. Anyone know
a source for replacement gloves? And replacement air filters?

Tim O'Connor

I have used one of North Coast's grit blasting cabinets for some fifteen years and swear by it. It is a Godsend when cleaning a brass model after changes have been made to it requiring soldering and is great for removing paint from most plastics without destroying detail. More recently I have found a wholesaler who handles them and have added them to the goods supplied by New England Rail Service. The working space is 11 1/2 x 18 x 22 so it is comfortable to work on models in. Aluminum oxide grit is available for them in 60, 120 and 220 size in 10 lb. pails for $20 to $22 per pail depending on grit size. By the time shipping is considered a cabinet and grit should be less than $200, which is considerably less than I paid for mine at the dealer cost from North Coast years ago.

Excuse the crass commercial but if anyone would like further information on them they can contact me off line.

Don Valentine

Join to automatically receive all group messages.