Re: Kadee 158s

Denny Anspach <danspach@...>

The Hon. Schuyler Larabee says-

I had not noticed the 153s which I agree will be more appropriate in
most cases.

Given the right location (such as the Shake-n-Take PRR X45 from last
year) I'll prefer Kadee 78s, so
I can have a scale-width draft gear as well as the "scale" head.
But, my learned friend, the Kadee 78's have neither a scale draft gear/
coupler box, nor a scale length coupler shank (it is far too
long)....i.e., it is neither fish nor fowl. Even Kadee will admit that
the #78 was an expedient designed originally for their proprietary car
offerings, not aspiring for scale independent aftermarket use.

IMHO, the #153s in an overscale standard-sized "Athearn" box are
superior in overall appearance and effect than the #78s.

Denny

Denny S. Anspach MD
Sacramento