Re: Sergent couplers

pierreoliver2003 <pierre.oliver@...>

Bob,
A friend of mine who uses the Sergent couplers for his HO models(Trevor Marshall) and also reviewed the product for RMC, strongly urges one to buy the couplers assembled.
I think the quote was, "Life's to short".
Pierre Oliver

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "gn3397" <heninger@...> wrote:

Hello all,
I am considering using the Sergent couplers and have a question. In Tim Warris' video and post, he states that he occasionally has trouble coupling the cars, sometimes having to use quite a bit of force to couple cars. However, he also states that he purchased the assembled couplers. For those of you who use these couplers, have you noticed the same problems? Do you use the assembled couplers, or do you assemble them yourself? If so, what assembly "tweaks" would you recommend to improve the operation of these couplers?

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,
Bob Heninger
Iowa City, IA