Boxcar color inquiry

Michael McAnally

Good day group:
I am relatively new to the group, and have read with much interest all posts and replies. I have learned quite a bit just from monitoring the groups' emails. I now have a question:
I have finished detailing some USRA DS boxcars, c.1930's, for the MoPac, RI, and Frisco, and am at the painting stage. I know that the basic color is freight car / boxcar red, but are there specific shades one would recommend? Any help or input is greatly appreciated.
Keep up the great work and, and thank you for allowing me to be a member of the group
Michael B. McAnally