Re: Why so little discussion on coal car models?

Scott Pitzer

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Richard Hendrickson <rhendrickson@...> wrote:
But
really, guys, coal hopper cars were (as I believe I've said here
before) less common in many parts of the far west than helium tank
cars or bulk wine tank cars. Those who doubt it can see my Wine Tank
Car clinic at Naperville in October, which includes a photo on the SP
at Fresno showing ±40 wine tank cars - and not a coal hopper in
sight. The fuels that powered almost everything west of the Front
Range, including most steam locomotives, were natural gas and oil
But... but... a Kato ad for black-painted GS-4's said they got dirty pulling coal cars (as well as "grain hoppers.")

IF ONLY I could figure out who to believe!

Scott Pitzer