Re: Hoppers on the Rutland

Tim O'Connor

Armand, I think one obvious conclusion is that bituminous
coal predominated on the Rutland. I wonder how much of the
coal was for the Rutland's own consumption? Also, the three
largest owners all reached into northern New York state, so
this reinforces the idea that nearby railroads should be
more heavily represented than railroads further away.

What is reporting mark PS? Pittsburgh & Shawmut? And MRR?

What was the route of #9?

Tim O'Connor

During the month of December 1950 249 hoppers were on Train #9.
They were as follows:

B&O 76
PRR 57
NYC 39
RDG 12
BWC 10
DL&W 9
D&H 8
WM 6
P&LE 4
LV 4
MRR 3
ERIE 3
N&W 3
CRP 2
PWV 2
CB&Q 1
L&N 1
NC&StL 1
NKP 1
CNW 1
SOU 1
NH 1
PMcK&Y 1
INT 1
C&I 1
CCO 1
PS 1

I didn't check the total, but suspect that it is reasonably
accurate. Can or should one draw any conclusions from the
above? Your call.Armand Premo