Re: Coal car loading on "home" roads...

roblmclear <rob.mclear2@...>

I might be wrong but weren't the hoppers on Cajon Pass limited to the coal traffic for Kaiser steel, as I understand this these were mostly by the Rio Grande. This is only from memory mind and I could be wrong, someone out there more knowledgable than me would know, Richard you out there!

Rob.

Tony

Although your layout doesn't represent big coal consumers,
it doesn't mean there weren't many of them in the West. I
have seen (and I'm sure you have too) old films with long
strings of coal hoppers on Donner Pass in the 1950's, not
to mention Cajon Pass...

Tim O

But just to clarify, I remain a Western modeler and can only
operate even single coal hoppers--whatever their reporting marks.--on
my layout with the most agile, sinuous, and logic-defying of rationales.
Tony Thompson