Re: Hoppers on the Rutland

Armand Premo

Tim,MRR is the Montour.Train # 9 is from Alburgh,Vt to the NYC interchange at Norwood,NY.Train # 9 for the most part was Train #19 from Rutland to Alburgh.Ben Hom did an analysis of company coal reports and this study would pretty much support your theory.and is essentially the same as the month of November.The surprises were the appearance of :Southern, L&N ,CB&Q,CCO ,NC&StL,PWV, INT , C&I ,CNW as well as PS.The Berwyn cars would come in on Train # 10 and would be interchanged with the CV at Alburgh.The BWC cars in Train # 9 were empties as were most of the hoppers in those trains.Armand Premo

----- Original Message -----
From: Tim O'Connor
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 8:08 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Hoppers on the Rutland

Armand, I think one obvious conclusion is that bituminous
coal predominated on the Rutland. I wonder how much of the
coal was for the Rutland's own consumption? Also, the three
largest owners all reached into northern New York state, so
this reinforces the idea that nearby railroads should be
more heavily represented than railroads further away.

What is reporting mark PS? Pittsburgh & Shawmut? And MRR?

What was the route of #9?

Tim O'Connor