Re: P&E Hoppers

Denny Anspach <danspach@...>

Mont writes-

This P&E stuff always gives me a headache, but it sure is an
interesting little piece of the NYC.
Yes, that's for sure. Mark Vaughn's really interesting clinic at Cocoa
Beach on a long-gone Illinois open pit coal operation on the P&E sure
got my interest, even more so when I saw the multiple handsome decal
options that he has produced for their hoppers. I threw caution to
the wind and finished a Kadee AAR hopper as a P&E stand in. Taking
into account the bitter wars fought between those who believe these
cars were painted freight car color, and those who believed they were
black, I took a firm stand and chose black, because "that is the
color of coal" (:-).

FYI, I noted recently that Kadee is on sale selling direct this self-
same hopper, undecorated, for a bargain $21.95.

Denny

Denny S. Anspach MD
Sacramento