Re: "The Great Unwashed"....Educatable???

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Charlie Vlk wrote:
I grant you that there are some among us that don't want to know and won't be swayed by knowledge.... but most people can be educated and are willing to learn.... especially in the Hobby of Model Railroading.
I don't think this is true, Charlie. But I do think that lots of the GUW in fact are QUITE sensitive to things that are "wrong." Somewhat inaccurate -- hey, they can live with that -- but "wrong" seems to hit a button. That's not what I'd call education, though. They don't want to know the "why" for themselves.

Publishers of books on railroad history