Re: Modelers research library

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Alan Palmer wrote:
I looked into using some images from the St. Lawrence County Historical Society for a book and they wanted $200 per image. If I gave them 500 books to sell themselves they were going to charge me $150 per. Needless to say I did not proceed. And this group complains that noone knows the history of the area or uses their resources.
That's a new high price for me, Alan. I was upset when the San Francisco Chronicle wanted $125 each for photos from their morgue, long-ago news photos. We used the absolute MINIMUM we needed, I can tell you.

Publishers of books on railroad history