From: "Anthony Thompson" <thompson@...>
To: STMFC@...
Sent: 7/11/2009 12:50 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re:Modelers research library

Alan Palmer wrote:
I looked into using some images from the St. Lawrence County
Historical Society for a book and they wanted $200 per image. If I
gave them 500 books to sell themselves they were going to charge me
$150 per. Needless to say I did not proceed. And this group
complains that noone knows the history of the area or uses their
resources.
That's a new high price for me, Alan. I was upset when the San
Francisco Chronicle wanted $125 each for photos from their morgue,
long-ago news photos. We used the absolute MINIMUM we needed, I can
tell you.

Publishers of books on railroad history