Hoppers, ca. 1950

Dave Nelson

Being a western railroad buff, hoppers have not been on my radar as far as
leaning anything but the threads these past few days have convinved me that
perhaps that filtering was unwise... not because hoppers came to the west
coast in numbers worth mentioning, but that a well rounded knowledge of
steam era freight cars dictates at least a conversational level of knowledge
of these criters (n.b., the same logic applies to you eastern rr buffs who
have distained GS gons).

So, having revealed my ignorance... The question:

What are the various designs of hopper models, available in HO scale, that
are both reasonably accurate and of sufficient numbers ca. 1950 that I
should know? And perhaps the same question for ca. 1940.

Dave Nelson