Re: Atlas 40' USRA rebuild

Tim O'Connor

I looked more carefully at a sidelong photo of a CMO car. The
side sill is deeply inset, and the brackets are actually triangular
castings of some kind. They are open not solid - you can see light
showing through them in the photo. I don't think Sunshine did those
exactly right either... :-\

Tim O'Connor

Tim: From Ben Hom on the PRR Modeling list today and this list back in 2003.
The question asked if the cars could model the PRR X26C.
Dave, I recommend you go back to the pubs and reconsider. The Atlas O and N
scale USRA rebuilt boxcar models are hermaphrodites that don't model ANY
prototype, much less the PRR Class X26C rebuilt USRA SS boxcars.