Re: Atlas 40' USRA rebuild

Richard Hendrickson

On Jul 11, 2009, at 8:46 PM, Jon Miller wrote:

A glance at the other model building fields would show that in
car, ship
and airplane modeling, for the most part, the models produced are
much more
accurate than the railroad models. Why can't we have the same
standard of
excellence and care in this field?<
Because if those models were wrong the manufactures would sell zero or
close to it. For some reason yet to be explained model railroaders are
different. Maybe it's because most started with tinplate and just
never got
out of the mold!

That's always been my explanation, Jon. Instead of building and
operating historically accurate replicas of the prototype, a lot of
"model railroaders" seem to be reliving their childhood fascination
with toy trains. Nothing wrong with that, of course, but it's not at
all the same hobby.

Richard Hendrickson