Re: Atlas 40' USRA rebuild

Denny Anspach <danspach@...>

This discussion is another enlightening manifestation of the broad views that are so attractive to so many in this hobby. There are indeed an infinite number of "Model Railroad" hobbies.

No two such modelers can in any way be placed in any box, or at any given point in a very broad spectrum. On one end of the spectrum, we have die hard model railroad operators for whom trains and cars may be merely hypothetical objects , i.e. wood blocks with wheels would be perfectly OK.

On the opposite end we have the die hard modeler for whom only meticulous modeling accuracy is super-paramount, i.e. the person whose models are to be akin to Tom Madden's stuffed and mounted P-47.

Almost all of us display habits and predilections at both ends of this model railroading hobby spectrum that vary from time to time; but in real time as individuals, we choose our own peace and tranquility in the staking out of our own realities in and endless variety of positions somewhere in between.

These are not moral issues (:-)).

Denny

Sacramento