Re: Brake wheel/housing for PRR GLCA

Gene Green <bierglaeser@...>

Can you provide or guide us to a photo?

There are some folks on this list knowledgeable in the field of hand brakes. Someone may be able to help.

Of course, the second problem would be finding the part from some manufacturer. There are waaaaaaay more hand brakes we don't have than do have in HO. I presume the situation is even worse in all other scales.

Gene Green

--- In STMFC@..., Rob Daniels <shalizadad@...> wrote:

Hello group,

Can anyone tell me what type of brake wheel/housing was used on the PRR GLCA hopper? The Westerfield kit uses Ajax, the new F&C kit uses an Equipco wheel (like the Kadee version with 6 spokes), and the prototype photos included with the F&C kit show something similar to an Equipco wheel but apparently with more than 6 spokes.

Thanks in advance.

Rob Daniels
New York, NY