Re: Sunshine XM-1 BAR boxcars

Marty McGuirk

Jim,

Assuming your post is accurately quoting the Sunshine flyer (I don't have it in front of me) I'd venture a guess that there's a typo on the flyer and it should read "1000-1500"!

Yes, the cars were renumbered (a process which took several years based on photos that we know were taken in early 1957 with one of cars clearly visible numbered in the 1000-series.

This is a true signature car for the railroad, and I'm glad to see some "state of the art" cars of this type becoming available. Naturally, I just about finished upgrading two old Yankee Clipper models I have. If Murphy keeps plotting against me once I buy some of these new Sunshine kits then someone will release them in plastic!

Marty